"So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran." (Genesis 12:4)
This is a fascinating story of blind faith.
Abraham was a married man, and seventy-five years old, when God came to him, and said, "Abram, come follow me. I won't tell you where we are going, nor will I tell you when we are going to get there. Just fall-in, and follow me."
And that's what Abraham did! He told his wife, "Honey, God came to me, and said to sell-out, and follow Him. And before you ask, no, He did not say where we are going, nor did He say when we would get there."
And Sarah said, "Okay. I'll start packing."
Then Lot said, "I want to go, too."
So, straightway, they told everybody good-bye, and set out on a journey with God that would last there entire lives!
There were some good times, and some bad times, but God was always there to lead them right on the way.
God blessed them more than they ever dreamed. And when their lives ended on earth, they went home with God!
This story of faith is an inspiration, and an illustration of Christian faith.
1) God comes to us, and invites us to follow Him.
2) We must make the decision as to go with Him, or stay at home.
3) We aren't told where we are going, or when we will get there.
4) There is going to be some good times, and some hard times.
5) But through it all, God will lead us, and we just follow Him.
6) God will bless us more than we imagined.
7) And when we are done here, we go home with Him!
A life in God's shadow is a wonderful life! I hope that when He calls, you will sell-out, and follow Him. If you have already got in line behind the Lord, enjoy the trip!
From my heart to your heart.