"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
"THE GREATEST INVITATION"
"Respondez S'il Vous Plait"! (Mrs. Gipe would be pleased to know that I remember something from French classes I & II.)
R. S. V. P. means "please respond".
Jesus has sent out invitations, and He is waiting for your response! Please do not ignore, or disregard. Please do not throw this invitation in the trash!
Jesus has invited us to "Come". Where? "...unto me". The Lord of all lords, and the King of all kings, has sent unto you an invitation to be His guest, not for an hour or two, not for a month or two, and not for a year or two! But forever!
Jesus lived upon the earth, and experienced everything that you and I experience.
1) Jesus experienced birth.
2) Jesus experienced childhood.
3) Jesus experienced adolescence.
4) Jesus experienced hunger, thirst, and fatigue.
5) Jesus experienced pain.
6) Jesus experienced the relentless attacks of Satan.
7) Jesus experienced rejection, and hatred.
8) Jesus experienced bereavement.
9) Jesus even experienced separation from His Father while He was on the cross! (Though Jesus had never committed a single sin, all of our sins were placed upon Him when He was on the cross.)
0) Jesus experienced death. (His own death on the cross.)
So, Jesus knows what "labour" and "heavy laden" is!
And His invitation includes "rest" from all that burdens us.
Again, I plead with you, R. S. V. P. immediately.
From my heart to your heart.