"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him." (Matthew 2:1-2)
Last week, in our A. M. NOTES, I mused over the question of, "What if Christmas had not come?" That was a real thought provoking question, and caused me to pause, and thank God that Christmas had, indeed, come!
This A. M., let us muse over this statement, "Christmas has come!"
The wise men came to Bethlehem because Christmas had come. They came seeking "...he that is born King of the Jews...". And came "...to worship him." Christmas had come!
Because Christmas has come...
1) We have a Savior! (In Matthew 1:21, the angel told Joseph to call His name, JESUS. "Jesus" literally means "Savior". In Matthew 1:25, Joseph gave the child the name, JESUS.)
2) We worship at the foot of the cross, and not at a bloody, stone alter! (The ground at the foot of Calvary's cross is completely level. Any one may come to the cross to receive forgiveness and Salvation. And we not not bring lambs for a sacrifice for our sins.)
3) We, the believer, are priests! (We can approach God, and lift our prayers unto him.)
4) We, the believer, are children of God! (John 1:12)
5) We, the believe, are heirs of God! (Romans 8:17)
6) We have Easter! (The dead in Christ shall rise!)
7) We have victory! ("But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." I Corinthians 15:57)
Because Christmas has come, we have so much more than we think, and take so much for granted! It is a shame.
I challenge you to take a few moments throughout this day to think about what you have, just because Christmas has come! Jot them down as you think about them.
From my heart to your heart.