"He is not here, but is risen:..." (Luke 24:6)
In my A. M. reading assignment, I read about that first Easter Sunday, when the disciples discovered the tomb of Christ was empty.
The birth of Jesus is important!
Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross is important!
But, Easter is most important of all!
The apostle Paul tells us just how important Easter is! He gives seven reasons that Easter is important:
1) If Easter had not come, then Jesus is not alive! (I Corinthians 15:13) That means He is not preparing a place for us in Heaven, and that he is not coming back for us! It also means that the grave has won! And that Satan has won! How awful!
2) If Easter had not come, preaching about Jesus is a waste of time! (I Corinthians 15:14)
3) If Easter had not come, our faith in Jesus is worthless! (I Corinthians 5:14)
4) If Easter had not come, we are false witnesses of God! (I Corinthians 15:15) We should not be telling people that God sent Jesus to be our Savior. Even more awful!
5) If Easter had not come, we are yet in our sins! (I Corinthians 15:17) We are still lost in sin, and are bound for perdition, if Easter has not come!
6) If Easter had not come, our loved ones are gone forever! (I Corinthians 15:18) Our poor sainted dead have perished forever, and we will never see them again.
7) If Easter had not come, the Christian is the most miserable person on the earth! (I Corinthians 15:19)
Now, do you see how important Easter is?
1) Because Easter came. Jesus is a live! We can talk to Him. He is watching over us. He is coming again for us!
2) Because Easter came, we need to preach about Jesus! He is the Savior!
3) Because Easter came, our faith in Jesus is more precious than all the treasures of the world!
4) Because Easter came, we can confidently tell others, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)
5) Because Easter came, our sins are washed away by the blood of the Lamb!
6) Because Easter came, our loved ones that have passed away in Christ, are safe and sound in His arms!
7) Because Easter came, the Christian should be the happiest person on the earth!
Am I ever glad that tomb of Christ was empty that first Easter Sunday!
From my heart to your heart.